How to Troubleshoot Avira antivirus Updating Issues :Avira Antivirus is the product of Avira company – a Germany based company. They specialize in producing the cybersecurity products for both home and office use. The best feature of the Avira is the use of Cloud system to routinely check for latest definition updates as well as the scan for latest threats in all the users to create definitions for them. The Avira antivirus is one of the few which offers VPN protection too in the free version. However, some of the Free users might encounter the trouble of updating the Avira antivirus. This issue is because the Avira fast servers are enabled only for the premium users who used paid Avira pro version and the users with free version experience the issue of slow updating or errors while updating it. Some of the causes of this issue and their solutions are listed below
Issue #1 : Another Antivirus software in the SystemIf there is another antivirus software installed on the system other than the Avira antivirus, then it will block the features of the Avira antivirus software and hinder its updating process.
Solution:Disable this software by uninstalling it from Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs and click on the Uninstall button next to this other antivirus program.
Issue #2 : An active Proxy server in your computer browserIf you are using Internet Explorer and the proxy server is on then the update will be hindered because of this. A proxy server acts as a medium between the client and the other servers from which the clients seek resources. When it is on, the update which happens through the Avira server will have to go through this proxy server, thereby causing some compromises in the process.
Solution:To deactivate the Proxy settings, follow the below steps.
- Open the Internet Explorer and Under the Internet Options, choose LAN Settings.
- Under the proxy server make sure that it is unchecked and click on Save Settings option and close the window.
- Now try, updating the software again and now it will work.
Issue #3 : Cache build upSometimes because of a lot of caches build up by a software, it might work unexpectedly and doesn’t work properly. Solution: For clearing this Cache build up, you can uninstall the software and reinstall it on the computer using the same procedure. Now since the software is installed new, there will not be any caches in the memory. So the update will happen clearly.
Issue #4 : Automatic Updation is not happeningDue to reasons unknown, the automatic update will not happen, in such an occasion a manual update will reset the update and restart it.
Solution:To manually start updating, check out the following steps.
- To download the updates manually, you will need an application called as Avira Fusebundle Generator downloaded from their website.
- Run the downloaded file.
- After successful installation, open it and select Manual Update.
- Load all the “Virus Definition Files” (VDFs) you need to update and click on Install button.
- Wait until it is downloaded and then restart the computer.
- This will make sure that the update is complete.